- InSight – Happening May 28-30, 2014 at Brock University in St. Catherines, Ontario, InSight will bring together students with some of the biggest minds in International Development to discuss and debate on development issues and international development education in Canada. Register now to participate or submit a proposal by March 24 to facilitate a session!²
- Mentoring for International Development – Are you working or researching in the field of international development? Become a mentor! Are you an undergrad or recent grad with an interest in building a career in development? Sign up to be a mentee!
- Call for Submissions – Our current call for papers focuses on “Future Research Questions in International Development.” As always, we are seeking submissions from undergraduate students. But, for the first time this year, we are also seeking short essays and commentaries from academics and practitioners to balance the debate. Are you a development practitioner, prof or researcher, or do you know of one who may be interested in submitting a piece? Get in touch with us!
(1) Actually, calling it just a journal is a drastic understatement. As Amy writes in her recent blog, The Undercurrent has mysteriously functioned like a well-oiled machine over the past ten years thanks to an ever-revolving door of passionate and dedicated undergraduate students who deserve to be commended.
(2) Note: InSight is a side conference of the CASID Annual Meeting, which is a conference within Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences. Confused yet? Don’t worry. All you need to know is: InSight attendees must register as part of the CASID meeting. (Perk: you will have access to all of the CASID events with ID profs from across the country as well as all of the Congress events like the Big Thinking Speaker Series and the Career Corner.)